1.2.08

Stitcher's Bag

I am very happy to know that my secret partner in SBBC 2008
has received my birthday gifts before her birthday,
and she told me that she loved all the things I prepared for her.
As I have promised you here before,
I would like to show the stitched piece I made to her.
Actually, to be honest,
I am a beginner of sewing, and have not got a sewing machine,
I have to say I didn't know how to make a bag,
but I like something practical,
I have decided to make her a tote bag.
Then, buying a readily-made bag was the only solution to me.




The bag is good looking but really plain itself.
I have found from her blog that she really likes sampler,
then I thought that a sampler on a bag would be rather good!
I have searched many of her favourite designs,
and a little bit worried that I could not find a one to be good enough to suit this bag.
Later I found a design from Homespun Elegance Ltd-- The Stitcher,




however the suggested colour tone was not really suitable for placing onto the bag,
there are colours in green family which I thought not really matching the beige bag.
I then used my own preferable colour scheme to modify its original suggestion.
You know, that was a revolution to me!
And finally it turns out nice, even I have not regretted to make such a big change.



Although I did not quite catch what were her favourite colours,
it was of those colours which were mostly welcome by ladies.
And with the lace border,
I attached the stitched piece onto the bag and made it like a small pocket outside.
But, Natasha,
I am not sure if my hand-made pocket could hold heavy stuff,
so please just put light-weighted stuff inside,
otherwise I am afraid it would finally be broken. (LOL)

I love the bag as well,
and when I know that you love it as well,
it actually adds pleasure to me for DIY things for friends!
Thank you, Natasha, for being my new friend.
Enjoy stitching!




Stitchable: DMC Small Tote Bag (Linen)
Chart: The Stitcher from Homespun Elegance Ltd.
Fabric: 28ct Zweigart Vintage Country Mocha (Hand-dyed)
Floss: DMC #739, 818, 938, 948 and 3773

No comments: